ADULT OPTIONS: Today's admittedly controversial entry is nevertheless pretty subdued on reflection: it's clearly 'adult games' stuff of the type so enjoyed by consenting adults, but, really, this sort of imagery is about as far as it goes regarding my visual output; I simply love ' shock, schlock,' or even downright confrontational material, but on the other hand, I always prefer to keep the essence of my cartoon characters 'innocent' and 'untouched': somehow 'purer' than the most base instincts of Humanity, that we all know and love. I will confess, however, to an absolute real love and interest as regards outpouring such material as this: the concept is undeniably sexist, dated , and the stuff of the latter 20th Century, but that---for better or worse----is the era that I grew up with, along with superb cartoon artwork reproduced on shockingly-quality newsprint, but nevertheless contained true 'magic' that still haunts my memory...
Good stuff....
ReplyDeleteThis drawing made me laugh the first time I saw it - it looks fab in colour (color?). Looking forward to seeing your next colour work.
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys! The blatant Americanisms in the spellings on here are deliberate: it's just me getting 'tuned in' to the strip, set in New York [mostly].
ReplyDeleteThe image of B.B. pumping up his foot was another of those lightning-quick ideas that was thought up quickly when I needed an illustration
for the term 'Footnote' a few posts back....this cartoon has had a good response, so I'll likely incorporate it into the actual strips.
A lot of colour stuff is planned, with some coming up soon, hopefully.