Popular posts from this blog
ADULT OPTIONS: Today's admittedly controversial entry is nevertheless pretty subdued on reflection: it's clearly 'adult games' stuff of the type so enjoyed by consenting adults, but, really, this sort of imagery is about as far as it goes regarding my visual output; I simply love ' shock, schlock,' or even downright confrontational material, but on the other hand, I always prefer to keep the essence of my cartoon characters 'innocent' and 'untouched': somehow 'purer' than the most base instincts of Humanity, that we all know and love. I will confess, however, to an absolute real love and interest as regards outpouring such material as this: the concept is undeniably sexist, dated , and the stuff of the latter 20th Century, but that---for better or worse----is the era that I grew up with, along with superb cartoon artwork reproduced on shockingly-quality newsprint, but nevertheless contained true 'magic' that still haunts my memory...
Subverso-O-toons [2] : KOONG KING
Slightly risque imagery here as we see celebrated 'BIG APE' KOONG KING studying the contents of a 'racy' gentlemen's magazine..........dubbed 'OOMPH!' in this case. OOMPH! does not actually spring from my demented imagination, but is lifted, I believe, wholesale from a brief shot in an early M-G-M Tex Avery cartoon, in which one of Tex's characters views this ficticious mag momentarily.......I forget which cartoon it was [ I've seen 'em all!] was, but the idea has clearly stuck in my memory, and I'm glad to resurrect it here. Another cityscape view, which so peppers the highly visual World of BABY BOOMER and his pen-and-ink companions, this is yet another recognizable backdrop that offers up great potential for muchos experimentation and visual exuberance.....in fact, there is no way I will be able to find the time to put together all the gag ideas I have written thus far: the skill is in selecting suitable material worthy of adaptation. Ov...


Comments
Post a Comment