Popular posts from this blog
ADULT OPTIONS: Today's admittedly controversial entry is nevertheless pretty subdued on reflection: it's clearly 'adult games' stuff of the type so enjoyed by consenting adults, but, really, this sort of imagery is about as far as it goes regarding my visual output; I simply love ' shock, schlock,' or even downright confrontational material, but on the other hand, I always prefer to keep the essence of my cartoon characters 'innocent' and 'untouched': somehow 'purer' than the most base instincts of Humanity, that we all know and love. I will confess, however, to an absolute real love and interest as regards outpouring such material as this: the concept is undeniably sexist, dated , and the stuff of the latter 20th Century, but that---for better or worse----is the era that I grew up with, along with superb cartoon artwork reproduced on shockingly-quality newsprint, but nevertheless contained true 'magic' that still haunts my memory...
THE FLY: Winterland Redux
THIS PAST FEW WEEKS, the bulk of my drawings have been character-only, with plain white backgrounds, mainly to save on time and also to add emphasis to the characterization. So! It's been nice to add in a 'decent' background once again, and I will be doing more of these soon........the technique I prefer for this is drawing the backgrounds small like thumbnails, then blowing them up. The characters themselves are shrunken into the enlarged background plate---I just love the idea of playing around with scale like this. The drawing seen here represents the first time the Fly-Man Andre has left the scientific laboratory to venture out into the wider world, which is why he is trying to hide his striking insect-features from the general public using his huge scarf. INSPIRATIONS: Unlike some P.R.A.T.S. who act as if they are Gods' Gift to cartooning, [they're not: they would like to be, though......] I myself rate cartooning in general as a cannibalization...

Comments
Post a Comment